David Witkowski | Founder & CEO
David is the Founder & CEO of Oku Solutions LLC. His career began in the US Coast Guard where he led deployment and maintenance programs for mission-critical telecom, continuity of government, and data networking systems. After earning his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from University of California @ Davis, he held managerial and leadership roles for high technology companies ranging from Fortune 500 multi-nationals to early-stage startups.
David serves as Executive Director of the Civic Technology Program at Joint Venture Silicon Valley, as Co-Chair of the Deployment Working Group at IEEE Future Networks, as Co-Chair of the GCTC Wireless SuperCluster at NIST, on the Board of Expert Advisors for the California Emerging Technology Fund, and is a Senior Member of both the IEEE and the Radio Club of America.
A noted industry author, his publication list includes:
- Author of "Bridging the Gap : 21st Century Wireless Telecommunications" (Joint Venture Silicon Valley - 1st Ed: 2016, 2nd Ed: 2019)
- Co-editor of the "Public Wi-Fi Blueprint" (GCTC/NIST - 2017)
- Co-editor of the "Municipal Internet of Things Blueprint" (GCTC/NIST - 2019)
- Lead co-author of "Evaluation of RF Network Testing" (Anritsu, Bird Technologies, CommScope, & Motorola - 2013)
- Co-author of "Carrier & Public Wi-Fi" (Mobile Experts LLC - 2015)
- Co-author of "Advanced Broadband Networks" (California Emerging Technology Fund - 2019)
- Co-author of "The HayWired Scenario - Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology" (U.S. Geological Survey - Expected: April 2020)
David has written feature articles and op-eds for CIO Review, EETimes, IEEE Microwaves Magazine, Make:Magazine, Mercury News / East Bay Times, MissionCritical Communications, QST, RCR Wireless, the San Francisco Chronicle, and Urgent Communications.
As a public speaker he has delivered keynotes, presented, and moderated panels at Alberta Wireless Connections, APCO, Broadband Live, CDX Global Forum, Comtech Forum, CTIA, DAS & Small Cells Congress, IEEE International Microwave Symposium, IEEE 5G World Forum, IoT World, IWCE, League of California Cities Conference, GSMA Mobile World Congress - Americas, Public Works Officers Institute, RAN USA, RCA Technical Symposium, SCWS Americas, State Of The Valley, TC3, and Wireless West.
Kimberly Shakeri | CFO
Kimberly Shakeri is the Chief Financial Officer of Oku Solutions LLC. She previously worked for Bank of America, where as a Senior Vice President she had nationwide responsibility for the bank's compensation programs, and later led the bank’s Ideation Group where she developed and tested innovative in-branch marketing, engagement, and customer loyalty programs.
Kimberly obtained her BS in Finance from Santa Clara University, and is certified in Design for Six Sigma methodologies. In her spare time she serves as Head Coach for Girls On The Run Silicon Valley - a life skills learning program for school-age girls, as a Parent Producer for the Willow Glen High School Theatre, and as a Pet Therapist for Furry Friends.