David Witkowski | Founder & CEO
David is the Founder & CEO of Oku Solutions LLC. His career began in the US Coast Guard where he led deployment and maintenance programs for mission-critical wireless, radar, and data networking systems. After earning his BS in Electrical Engineering from University of California (Davis), he held managerial and leadership roles for companies ranging from Fortune 500 multi-nationals to early-stage startups.
David serves as Executive Director of the Civic Technology Program at Joint Venture Silicon Valley, as Chair of the 5G Deployment Working Group at IEEE, as Co-Chair of the GCTC Wireless SuperCluster at NIST, on the Board of Expert Advisors for the California Emerging Technology Fund, and is a Senior Member in both the IEEE and the Radio Club of America.
A noted industry author, David has written:
- Author of "Bridging the Gap : 21st Century Wireless Telecommunications" (Joint Venture Silicon Valley - 2016)
- Co-editor of "Public Wi-Fi Blueprint" (GCTC/NIST - 2017)
- Lead co-author of "Evaluation of RF Network Testing" (Anritsu, Bird Technologies, CommScope, & Motorola - 2013)
- Co-author of "Carrier & Public Wi-Fi" (Mobile Experts LLC - 2015)
- Co-author of "The HayWired Scenario - Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology" (U.S. Geological Survey - 2019)
- Co-author of "Advanced Broadband Networks" (California Emerging Technology Fund - 2019)
David has written feature articles for IEEE Microwave Magazine, CIO Review, Microwave Products Digest, MissionCritical Communications, EETimes, Make:Magazine, QST, CQ Magazine, Urgent Communications, and RCR Wireless. As a public speaker he has delivered keynotes, presented, and moderated panels at Alberta Wireless Connections, APCO, Broadband Live, CDX Global Forum, CTIA, DAS & Small Cells Congress, IEEE International Microwave Symposium, IEEE 5G World Forum, IWCE, League of California Cities Conference, GSMA Mobile World Congress - Americas, RAN USA, RCA Technical Symposium, SCWS Americas, State Of The Valley, TC3, and Wireless West.
Kimberly Shakeri | CFO
Kimberly Shakeri is the Chief Financial Officer of Oku Solutions LLC. She previously worked for Bank of America, where as a Senior Vice President she had nationwide responsibility for the bank's compensation programs, and later led the bank’s Ideation Group where she developed and tested innovative in-branch marketing, engagement, and customer loyalty programs.
Kimberly obtained her BS in Finance from Santa Clara University, and is certified in Design for Six Sigma methodologies. In her spare time she serves as Head Coach for Girls On The Run Silicon Valley - a life skills learning program for school-age girls, and as a Pet Therapist for Furry Friends.